Slip and Fall accidents are one of the most common causes of injuries in this country. How many times have you walked past a “Caution- Wet Floor” sign? Most people do not realize how costly these accidents can be. When you factor in medical bills, lost wages/productivity, and ongoing pain and suffering the price can be overwhelming. An experienced attorney can give you the advice and perspective needed to get through your ordeal.
FACTS ABOUT SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
- Over one million people go to the emergency room every year due to slip and fall accidents. That is approximately 12% of all ER visits.
- Roughly one-third of all adults over 65 years old will fall this year. However, slip and falls are the most common injuries (non-fatal) for all age groups except those under 25 years of age.
- Slip and Fall accidents are the most common cause of brain injuries, including organized sports.
- Slip and Fall injuries cost Americans over $34 Billion dollars every year, which is a leading cause of bankruptcy.
- Slip and Fall accidents cause, on average, 11 days of missed work in addition to medical bills.
- Slip and Fall cases rarely go to trial. If you are reluctant to move ahead with your case for fear of having to testify in court, this is generally not an issue. You and your attorney will decide the best course of action.
If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a slip and fall accident, you will have many questions. An experienced attorney can answer these questions for you. They will help you determine who is at fault, the value of your claim, and an appropriate strategy to ensure you are compensated fairly. Going through a life-changing event like this is quite frightening and stressful. Your attorney will guide you every step of the way. Call David Brandwein at (877) DAVE-LAW today or fill out the form at the bottom of the page for answers to your questions.